Financial Controller Woodstock Cape Town EE Position
Our E-commerce Client in Woodstock is looking for an experience Financial Controller with 7 years plus experience and someone accountable for the financial reporting, statutory, governance and tax compliance requirements of the company, including ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve the company assets and report accurate financial results.
Experience and Qualifications: – EE Position
7 years +++of financial accounting or group accounting experience
Experience in staff management / supervision essential
Key Performance Objectives:
Manage the Financial Department for this branch within the group
- General ledger management and maintenance.
- Preparation of month end close timetable, ensuring all month end journals are processed and performing cost accruals.
- Analysis of balance sheet, capital spends and cash flow at month end.
- Preparation of Budgets/forecasts of finance and capturing on relevant systems
- Review of balance sheet general ledger reconciliations and preparation of certain complex account reconciliations.
- Responsible for co-ordinating the statutory audit, preparing the audit file, addressing audit queries and maintaining the relationship with the company auditors.
- Preparation of the consolidation and annual financial statements.
- Preparation of income tax computations, submission of income tax returns, making provisional tax payments and submissions, meeting withholding tax requirements, reviewing monthly VAT submissions and responding to SARS queries.
- Monitor financial and tax compliance by keeping updated with changes in accounting and tax legislation affecting the company.
- Manage treasury function and related reporting to shareholders, including monitoring adherence to treasury limits, investing funds at optimal rates and managing bank accounts/opening new accounts as necessary.
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts and dividend payments.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems, updating risk register and completing internal controls questionnaire.
- AP reconciliation and payment review. Assisting in resolution of complex AP queries and AP management.
- Auditors, Major suppliers, Tax advisors, Systems providers, Bankers, SARS
Frogg Recruitment SA