Accountant Constantia Cape Town
Our Accounting Firm Client in Constantia Southern Suburbs Cape Town is looking for an Accountant with 3-5 years accounting / bookkeeping experience. You can be SAIPA Qualified or just experienced as an accountant. You can also be SAICA’s /AGA(SA) qualified but NOT A MUST. FULL ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL though – NON NEGOTIABLE
- Accounting Financial Certificate or Degree Advantageous
- SAIPA Accountant registration – Added Advantage BUT NOT A MUST
- You can also have – SAICA’s / AGA(SA) – BUT NOT A MUST
- 3-5 years Accountant experience from an accounting firm prospective
- Supervise and initiating the processing of client information cheques, receipts, sales invoices, purchase invoices
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Processing and reconciling of Petty Cash and cash control accounts
- Keeping of a fixed asset register
- General journals – e.g. depreciation, provisions, interest, salaries, stock, etc.
- Process journal entries e.g. new instalment sale agreements, interest on borrowings, provisions, accruals of income and expenses, bad debts etc.
- Reconcile debtors and creditors statements.
- Correct accounting treatment on disposal of assets (property, plant & equipment) and investments and the calculation of the taxation on capital gains/losses.
- Analyse the resulting trial balance for mistakes / deviations and be able to discuss the results with the client.
- Analytical review of AFS – GP%, Inventory days, Creditors days, Debtors days
- Produce a draft set of financials
- Prepare the notes to financial statements
- Identifying provisions and contingent liabilities
- Calculate the tax liability for sole proprietors, individuals, close corporations and trusts, small business corporations, and partnerships.
- Reconciliations of input/output VAT to monthly trial balance.
- Compiling and discussing with the client of monthly management accounts.
- On-the-job training and development of junior members if required.
- Provisional tax calculations
- Maintain strong client relationships
- Good communicator with Clients and colleagues
- Strong management skills, leadership and organisational abilities.
- Able to work on their own and run a portfolio of clients.
- Meet monthly deadlines timeously.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Payroll, VAT and efiling
FROGG Recruitment SA