Senior Procurement Controller Claremont Southern Suburbs Cape Town
Our Distributor of products in the IT SOftware Industry is looking for an experienced Senior Procurement Controller Purchaser Buyer to join their Group with Imports Exports Experience
- Matric with Accounting or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in procurement / financial/purchasing administration
Financial Packages will be an advantage
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- Provide an efficient, accurate and cost-effective purchasing service for the Faculty according to the internal and External funding agencies policies and procedures in line with appropriate authorization.
- Responsible for all purchases & all asset purchases of the department
- Communicate and advise the staff on our Purchasing Policies and Procedures and relevant Purchasing information
- Ensure that sufficient available budget exists in funds and informing the SFO when insufficient budget in funds
- To ensure correct cost allocation of all postings.
- Ensure that all vendor requests are followed through to completion and that the requester is informed of the outcome
- Ensure that new vendors i.e. staff comply with our Policies & Procedures in terms of application and supporting documentation
- Process orders according to customer requirements/specifications.
- Multiple line item Purchase Orders are processed by uploads to SAP in accordance with Upload requirements
- Research materials and vendors so that delivery time, cost and equality are optimal when required
- Inform requester and cc fund holder via email when a PO has been placed, informing them of the delivery date and address and remind them to send the original delivery note/invoice to you.
- Ensure timeous delivery by vendor.
- Monitor proof of delivery.
- Follow up on outstanding deliveries, invoices and credit notes with vendors and departmental and faculty staff timeously.
- Ensure deliveries, invoices and credit notes conform to the relevant purchase order specifications.
- Ensure partial and full good receipts and receipts reversals are done when applicable
- Liaise with the Creditors department regarding vendor queries.
- Facilitate timeous payment of vendors.
- Vendor reconciliations done on certain vendors to facilitate processing of outstanding PO, follow up of payments and issuing of credit notes to facilitate correct payment to vendor.
- Process Petty cash floats and reimbursements as per our policy with correct authorization.
- Process foreign orders according to policy and liaise with Foreign office to avoid delivery and payment delays.
- Timeously clearing and processing of PCard transactions and follow up of outstanding documentation
- PCard purchases done according to our policy & Procedures within allowed credit limit and that budget is available.
Monitoring and control reporting
- Provide monthly KPI report to Faculty/Area finance manager, with copy to line manager, to enable them to ensure the following:
- Orders with outstanding goods receipts or payments are followed up and resolved (and therefore committed but unused budget is released back to funds)
- Provide Fund Holders with a detailed expenditure report by fund centre / Vendor upon request.
- Report on outstanding commitments remaining against the fund upon request.
- PCard expense reports are signed by card holder line managers
- FM050 (missing document form) is not being abused by card holders
- Review of PCard S&T spend to avoid duplication of spend by PO.