Senior Development Chemist Cape Town
Our Pharmaceutical Client in Cape town is looking for a Senior Development Chemist / Research and Development manager ensuring the growth of the company get met.
Salary and Benefits
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- BSc or National Diploma in Chemistry or equivalent experiential training/experience.
- Coschem Diploma will be an added advantage.
- At least 7++ or more years’ experience in Toiletries/Cosmetic R&D environment
- Proven experience in formulating in the skin care, personal care and colour cosmetics sector
- Acting as duty chemist across the factory during manufacturing process.
- Manages the development of team by ensuring that project tasks are in line.
- New Product Development
- Working with the commercial team on NPD briefs taking from concept through to launch
- Working with customers on briefs, technologies, textures and innovations
- Oversee and co-ordinate the research and development of new products as per request.
- Development for formulas through stability, micro and compatibility testing
- Quick turnaround time for formulations, method of manufacture and finished product specification of all approved products
- Compilation of product files on final project approval to include all technical data on raw materials researched and used, all development formulae, the final approved formulation, the product costing, the ingredient listing, the master batch manufacturing record.
- Responsible for researching and developing new products per quarter to add to general formulation database.
- Keeping up to date on trends and attending cosmetic seminars and events
Frogg Recruitment SA