Senior Bookkeeper Tygervalley Bellville Northern Suburbs Cape Town
A well-established distribution and manufacturer in Tygervalley Bellville Northern Suburbs Cape town is looking for a full time Senior Bookkeeper. Candidate must be strong with multi-tasking and prioritising skills, a prover problem-solver that uphold high quality service and build effective working relationships with staff, management and industry contacts. Must have exceptional time-management skills and be detail orientated.
Salary Very Negotiable includes 50% medical & pension.
Hours of work 08:00am to 16:45pm – Monday to Thursday
Hours of work on a Friday 08:00am – 15:30am
- Relevant Accounting Bookkeeping Qualification a bonus BUT not a MUST
- Experienced 5 years plus as a Senior Bookkeeper overseeing the Cape Town Finance Department.
- Computer literate in – Microsoft Office, Excel, Pastel and VIP Payroll
- Full Payroll Experience wages and permanents – VIP Payroll (75-80 staff in total)
- Full SARS Efiling, easy file statutory experience
- Able to effectively and efficiently manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles.
Responsibilities – Duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing and overseeing ALL financial aspects of the Department including 2 admin (data capturing) staff, processes, reporting and compliances
- Process Cash Books and perform monthly reconciliations – PASTEL
- Enforce company financial procedures and ensure that all payments are authorised, before payment thereof.
- Petty Cash Management and Asset Register Management
- Processing and reconciliation of Accounts Payable – Good relationships with Suppliers and Contact in the Industry
- Preparing invoices and reconciliation of Accounts Receivable
- Reporting and follow up – on all Accounts receivable
- Perform reconciliation of all control accounts and prepare any necessary journals.
- Preparation of monthly / annual VAT, EMP returns etc.
- Processing and management of Weekly Wages and related costs.
- Monitoring and preparation of accruals, prepaids and provision for future costs.
- Prepare audit files to submit to external auditors (in compliance with requirements as set out by management and external auditors).
- Cash flow forecasting, prepare any ad hoc reports as requested by management
Frogg Recruitment SA