A well-established client in Durbanville is looking for a full time Senior Bookkeeper
Senior Bookkeeper Durbanville Cape Town
A well-established client in Durbanville is looking for a full time Senior Bookkeeper. Candidate must be strong with multi-tasking and prioritising skills, a prover problem-solver that uphold high quality service and build effective working relationships with staff, management, and industry contacts.
Salary Very Negotiable includes 50% medical & pension.
- Relevant Accounting Bookkeeping Qualification a bonus BUT not a MUST
- Experienced 4-5 years plus as a Senior Bookkeeper
- In charge of Finance department with 2 other staff members
- Computer literate in – Microsoft Office, Excel, Pastel and VIP Payroll
- Full Payroll Experience wages and permanents – VIP Payroll (30 staff)
- Full SARS Efiling, easy file statutory experience
- Able to effectively and efficiently manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles.
Responsibilities – Duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing and overseeing ALL financial aspects of the Department including 2 admin (data capturing) staff, processes, reporting and compliances
- Process Cash Books and perform monthly reconciliations – NAVISION / SAGE / PASTEL / Accpacc
- Enforce company financial procedures and ensure that all payments are authorised, before payment
- Petty Cash Management and Asset Register Management
- Processing and reconciliation of Accounts Payable – Good relationships with Suppliers and Contact in the Industry
- Perform reconciliation of all control accounts and prepare any necessary journals.
- Preparation of monthly / annual VAT, EMP returns etc.
- Processing and management of Weekly Wages and related costs.
- Monitoring and preparation of accruals, prepaids and provision for future costs.
- Prepare audit files to submit to external auditors (in compliance with requirements as set out by management and external auditors).
- Cash flow forecasting, prepare any ad hoc reports as requested by management
Frogg Recruitment SA