Legal & Compliance Officer Cape Town CBD
Our Client is looking for a Legal and Compliance Officer to provide support and serve high-paced Legal and Compliance team. Detail oriented, good business ethics, great communication skills, and reliability are sure traits to describe what’s needed.
- Paralegal diploma or bachelor’s degree in law or a relevant compliance qualification obtained via an accredited compliance institute?
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role?
- Must be Computer literate, with the ability to work with SharePoint, contract and project management systems, data entry software i.e.: Microsoft Office
- Drivers License
Compliance and Risk Monitoring:
- Identify and assess product, compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies from local and international rules and regulations and compliance undertakings contained in commercial agreements.
- Inform the relevant business units of compliance obligations as per above and record same in Contract Management System (CMS).
- Direct colleagues in assessing and monitoring of the companies’ internal controls to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations through formal compliance audits.
- Maintain compliance database of regulations, procedure, monitoring activities, complaints received or investigation outcomes.
- Provide assistance to internal and/or external auditors in compliance reviews.
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes.
- Own the legal and compliance matter trackers, including; capturing new matter/instruction, detail of follow ups with internal and external parties, and producing a weekly report to the Head of Legal and Compliance on the status of matters recorded.
- Assist with agreement preparation for signature, including; formatting agreements, accepting changes, and recording agreed internal comments.
- Research guided by the Head of Legal and Compliance.
- Handle and distribute correspondence when team members are out of office.