Commercial Analyst Stellenbosch Cape Winelands Cape Town – EE Position ONLY
Our Client in Freight Transportation Services Client is looking for an Experienced Freight Commercial Analyst which will work closely with both the Operations and Business Development department. Essential is the background of Road logistics as well as business development.
Salary Negotiable + Benefits
Job Function Taking full responsibility for the administrative function to develop, update and maintain existing, new client and supplier rates. To analyse and advise on commercial aspects based on a comprehensive understanding of business requirements. Project managing new tender responses and client proposals.
- Tertiary qualification in Logistics Management, Financial or similar degree
Skills and experience required
- Strong data management capability
- High-level proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Time management skills
- Previous ERP system experience will be advantageous
- Microsoft SQL database management will be advantageous
- Full understanding of the principals of escalations
- Meticulous approach and high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a road freight or similar environment
Key Performance Areas
- Management of client and supplier rates with MS Excel, Solo Plan transport management system, or any other system as required
- Calculate, communicate and implement all price adjustment relating to statutory and non-statutory cost movements, e.g. monthly fuel adjustments, annual license fees, annual driver wages, etc.
- Preparation of formal client and supplier communication
- Maintain schedules of approved escalations, adjustments resulting in cost avoidance or rejected escalations
Develop, maintain and update:
- Database of signed client and supplier agreements with clients and suppliers and management of contract renewal timelines with relevant business units
- Industry indices as and when published i.e. SEIFSA, Statistics SA, prime interest rate, etc
- Source pricing inputs, e.g. truck tractor pricing, tyre costs, warehouse racking costs, etc.
- National Bargaining Council schedules
Filing system: Maintain physical filing system of formal agreements
- Manage electronic contract filing through the Docuware file sharing interface
- Project management of Support the Business Development team with tenders, renewals and existing customer projects
- Formulate commercials inputs for proposals
- Review and analyse the risk and commercial content in tenders and proposals.
- Ability to design and complete formal proposals / solutions
- Compile business cases for improvement projects and track the value realised
- Compile business requirement specifications and serve as a liaison between business and various stakeholders
- Analyse client information to identify improvement initiatives
Frogg Recruitment SA