Our client is a leader when it comes to turnkey solutions for the grading and packing of food produce. They are looking for a Field service technician to deliver the desired customer service experience.
Electro-Mechanical Field Technician Bellville South, Cape Town
Our client is a leader when it comes to turnkey solutions for the grading and packing of food produce. They are looking for a Field service technician to deliver the desired customer service experience. The goal is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability.
• Installing and testing products, equipment, and machinery and providing instructions with one to one training to customers on the proper usage of their product.
• Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine or provide proper solutions
• Servicing computer & other electronics equipment & also heavy equipment, such as factory machines and computer networks.
• Provide service and customer support during field visits or dispatches
• Produce timely and detailed service reports (Android App based) by examining complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques, recommending system improvements.
• Build and maintained positive relationships with customers
• Proven field service experience in electronics & electrical (Computers, Inverters, PLC’s etc) & mechanical (Chains, Sprockets, Bearings, Belts etc) fault finding & repairs
• Computer efficient and familiarity with mobile tools and applications
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• The ability to work independently but also in a team as the job requires
• Managing overtime on service calls with patience and not rushing the job
• The ability to diagnose and solve problems based on customers’ non-technical descriptions
• Be prepared for extensive travelling (Driving & Flying) in Southern Africa for weeks at a time
• Afrikaans & English literacy
• Ability to work flexible hours and to adapt to changing work schedules
• Physical fitness to lift heavy equipment, work in confined spaces, and bend frequently
• Relevant technical degree, diploma or certification