Sales Steering Coordinator, Shipping Cape Town CBD
Our client in the Shipping Industry is looking for a Sales Steering Coordinator to join their team.
The Sales Steering department is indirectly responsible for Sales performance, ship space allocation management as well as internal / external sales performance. Preparation of internal budgets, weekly KPI’s. Sales Steering also has a business intelligence functionality, empowering senior management through data analytics and market studies.
Sales Steering aims to optimize the Sales result by planning and steering the sales force and managing the Area allocation of ships’ space. This is accomplished through:
- Allocation Management as regional guidelines
- Identify services vessel lacking cargo
- Allocation management / optimise cargo mix in coordination with Trade Management
- Supporting Sales Management with market analysis, opportunity identification and performance management
- Maintain competition offer data and benchmark services against these.
- Monitor performance of local and foreign customer bases
- Monitor the specific performance per customer
- Identify which customers are behind expectations
- Prepare budget and weekly volume forecast
- Weekly report consolidation for sales management
- Ability to communicate with persons of varying levels.
- Knowledge of market, maritime documents and commercial terms
- Knowledge of English “maritime” language
- Quick learner of software systems and packages.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office based applications, with emphasis on EXCEL and macro’s.
- Matric is mandatory
- Tertiary education is advantageous
- Clear criminal record
Frogg Recruitment SA