Website Frogg Recruitment SA
Our client is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer in Qatar, The Middle East with 10 – 15 years’ experience performing basic engineering.
Salary: Very negotiable + Benefits
Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering discipline required
- Experienced with performing industry code calculations (ASME, API, ADM & PED) required for the certification of new and/or repurposed pressure vessels, heat exchangers and tanks
- Extensive knowledge of the content, interpretation and use of the following codes:
- ASME (Sections I, IV, VIII-1, VIII-2), NBIC Part 3, PD 5500, AD MERKBLÄTTER, TEMA, API 660, API 661
- Familiar with the use of finite element analysis (linear and non-linear stress analysis, cycle / fatigue life) or evaluating vessel/tank components.
- PE/PR license
- 10 to 15 years’ experience performing basic engineering analysis and design functions in the petrochemical industry. Experience to include:
- Front end engineering design, detailed engineering
- Start-up / commissioning for Oil & Gas, LNG, refinery, petrochemical, and ammonia projects.
- Shell & tube, air-cooled heat exchangers knowledge is a must
- Software Experience: OPTIVESSEL – ASME VIII / PD 5500 / API 661 (SA), COMPRESS/INSPECT – ASME VIII (USA) / TEMA, FINGLOW – ASME VIII / PD 5500 (UK), FE IPE – FEA to ASME VIII DIV 2 (USA), HTRI
Support Sales team in site visits / Survey’s & in preparation of quotes
- Perform basic engineering design for review and approval
- Collects and prepares data/information, performs detailed engineering calculations, and writes formal engineering/technical reports.
- Develops technical specifications & data sheets, performs technical evaluation of bids, and recommends
- Best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability and safety.
- Demonstrate technical/professional growth annually by maintaining active membership in professional organizations and participating in technical seminars/courses.
- Solid end user penetration and customer interaction.
- Provides leadership in problem solving activities.
- Performs calculation checking and vendor drawing reviews.
- Serves as Project Lead for single-discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Interacts with other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
Frogg Recruitment SA